Monday, January 16, 2012

5-on-5: Things I do well, The last five books I've read, Places I want to see, Things I am really bad at but won't quit, Simple pleasures

Phew, just barely making it under the wire for my Sunday post of 5-on-5. Wait, what? It's Monday?! Can't be, my whole family was home today. Really, Monday? Oh man, sorry. As a SAHM I can only tell the days of the week by who is home or if they aren't home, where they need to go; a legal holiday really throws me off. So here we go, a day late:



1. By reader suggestion (RS): Things I do well:
          Stay Positive
          Clean and Organize
          Remember phone numbers (think Rain Man)
          Homemade cranberry relish
          Relate things on kids' terms

2. RS: The last five books I've read:
          War Horse, Michael Morpurgo
          The Mill River Recluse, Darcie Chan
          O Little Town: A Novel, Don Reid
          Mockingjay, Suzanne Collins
          The Devil in Pew Number Seven, Rebecca Nichols Alonzo and Bob DeMoss

3. RS: Places I want to see:
          Seville, Spain
          The White Cliffs of Dover
          New York City
          Sonoma County (not sure how I haven't been yet)
          The North Slope in Alaska

4. Things I am really bad at but won't quit:
          Knit, I can do one stitch and even it is ugly
          Bake a ham, sounds simple enough but mine are always awful
          Photography, this will become evident as I begin to pepper future posts with blurs
          Sports, both playing and understanding, but still I try
          Garden, uh, can you say black thumb

5. Simple pleasures:
          Really good cheese
          A scalding bath
          Reading, reading, reading
          Coffee, more so, coffee creamer
          Being outside when it's quiet

No comments:

Post a Comment